Oven Roasted Halibut Recipe – This recipe requires a little bit of skill and experience. I consider it an intermediate level recipe but that’s not to say that anyone couldn’t try it. I love the cheese and the delightful flavor it brings to this dish. Serve with steamed seasonal vegetables and a nice light white wine. Enjoy!
Ingredients to make Oven Roasted Halibut
- 1 large wedge Parmigian cheese;
- 2 cups arugula leaves (no stems);
- 1-2 Tbsp. vegetable stock;
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil;
- 4 pieces halibut (each 5-6 ounces);
- Kosher salt;
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter.
Steps to make Oven Roasted Halibut
- To prepare Parmesan tuiles, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave 4 to 8 strips, each 1/2-inch wide and about 6 inches long, from the wedge of cheese.
- Lay cheese strips in a single layer, not touching, on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 3 to 4 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown.
- To prepare arugula purée, blanch arugula in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then immediately refresh in ice water.
- Drain and purée leave in a blender with 1 Tbsp. each stock and oil until smooth, adding a little more stock if needed for a smooth consistency.
- To prepare halibut, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season halibut with salt to taste.
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed ovenproof skillet, place halibut in skillet, skin side up.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast for 6 minutes, depending on the thickness of fish.
- Remove while slightly underdone.
- To serve, spoon arugula purée on plates and top with a piece of halibut.
- Garnish each plate with 1 or 2 tuiles.