This apple cheesecake recipe is more or less similar to other cheesecake with little difference, due to apple flavor some spices are used along with apple sauce including cinnamon and all spice. This is a baked cheesecake recipe as eggs are used in making of the batter which needs baking so that they would not give raw flavor of egg and mix well with other ingredients to give good taste.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs;
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted;
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- 16 ounce cream cheese (softened);
- 1 cup sugar;
- 1 2/3 cup apple sauce;
- 2 whole eggs;
- 2 egg whites;
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice;
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch;
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice;
- 1 teaspoon vanilla;
- 1 cup sour cream.
For Apple Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg;
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice;
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom.
Mix all the above ingredients together and fill in a bottle. 2 teaspoons of apple spice can be prepared by this measurement.
- Mix cracker crumbs with melted butter and brown sugar until soft crumbs would form. After that take a suitable cheesecake and make layer of these crumbs at the base of pan in such a way that they are tightly stick to the pan.
- Place the pan in preheated oven for just 5-8 minutes at 400°F and then cool it at room temperature so that cheesecake batter would set onto the crust.
- Now take a large mixing bowl and beat cream cheese with sugar until become smooth and sugar would completely mix into the cream. It would take 8-10 minutes.
- Beat eggs and egg whites separately unto soft peaks would form and then mix them into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add apple sauce and lemon juice to the batter, when all of the ingredients mix well then add cornstarch, cinnamon, apple pie spice and vanilla and just mix them using spoon.
- After that fold the batter in sour cream and then pour it over the prepared crust. Place the pan in oven for at least an hour until it sets from center.
- After the cake has been baked completely cool it at room temperature and then chill it in fridge for 2-3 hours or for overnight.
Serve the delicious apple cheesecake as it is by cutting its pieces into wedges or make some topping of apple sauce before serving.